Kay

Default creating a master index page for multiple chapters of a book

Hi folks,
I am trying to create a master index page for multiple chapters. I have
created a concordance file and automarked each of chapters, but I cannot
figure out how to create a master index page in which my finished index was
supposed to show. I would appreciate it if anyone of you can share some tips
with me. Please send me answers at Thank you!

Best,
Kay

Kay

Dear Suzanne,
I didn't see your reply to either of my duplicate question. I followed the
instructions on word 2003 to (1) create a concordance file, (2) use this
concordnace file to automark all index entries on each of my book chapters,
(3) this is the step I do not know and cannot find instructions to create a
master index page in which all automarked entreis are supposed to show. This
step is the problem. I started a new page, and click
Insertreferenceindexok, but no automarked index entreis show up. But, if I
do the same thing within the same document (each of chapters), the automarked
index entries will show up. But, this is not what I wanted. I wanted to have
a separate index page at the end of the entire book, which has index entries
from all chapters of my book. Can you help? Thank you!

Kay

"Kay" wrote in message
Hi folks,
I am trying to create a master index page for multiple chapters. I have
created a concordance file and automarked each of chapters, but I cannot
figure out how to create a master index page in which my finished index

was
supposed to show. I would appreciate it if anyone of you can share some

tips
with me. Please send me answers at Thank you!

Best,
Kay

Look in Word's Help for the topic "Field codes: RD (Referenced Document)
field." An article that explains how to create a TOC with an RD field (which
is a similar process) is at

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Please see my reply to your previous duplicate question.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.