KM1

Default Autotext and overtype key

I was adding autotext to a template I had created and during the process,
after adding several and testing them with success, I typed in an address
which I highlighted and went to insert and autotext following the same
procedure as before. I assigned it the name xvicki for its unique name. I
tested it and it did not work. I typed in xvicki and no autotext popup. I
then tried several of the other autotext I had added and none of them worked.
Looking at my word desktop I noticed the ovr (overtype) was enabled. I
turned it off and autotext worked again. This happened twice. After the
second time of disabling it, it has stayed off for a while as I added more
autotext. No problem, however, I have much more to add. My question: What
enabled the ovr? Is there a shortcut keystroke sequence that will
inadvertently turn it on? Is there a quirk in word 2003? Is it some type of
virus? Any info would be appreciated.
--
KM1

KM1

This I know, however, I may have inadvertently hit it the first time, but not
the second. Is there any other way this option is enabled? Is this
indicative of a macro virus or some other virus. I should mention I finished
putting in the rest of my autotext without a problem.

KM1

"KM1" wrote in message
[...]

I find it is distressingly easy to hit Insert by mistake when I'm going for
either Backspace or Delete.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

The Insert key will toggle it on.

newsgroup so