Iron Mt Library Guy

Default Adding multiple rows to a table in Word?

Is there a way to insert multiple rows in an existing table without going to
the "Table" - "Insert" menu for each row?

I want to keep the format from one row, while the one below it has a
differing format, so I find myself clicking "Table" "Insert Row below" for
every one I have to add and I want to add five at once.

Thanks

Iron Mt Library Guy

I am using Word 2003 and I do not see that option in Table | Insert.
I only see Table | Insert | Rows Above and Table | Insert | Rows Below.
When I click on either one, it inserts one and only one row with no option
for multiple rows.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

When you use Table | Insert | Rows Above/Below, Word will insert as many
rows as you have selected.

"Iron Mt Library Guy" Iron Mt Library wrote
in message ...
Is there a way to insert multiple rows in an existing table without going

the "Table" - "Insert" menu for each row?

I want to keep the format from one row, while the one below it has a
differing format, so I find myself clicking "Table" "Insert Row below" for
every one I have to add and I want to add five at once.

Thanks

It inserts one row if you have one or no rows selected. If you have two rows
selected, it inserts two rows. If you select three rows, it inserts three
rows. And so on. By "selected," I mean highlighted in the document, not a
number selected from a dialog box.

"Iron Mt Library Guy" wrote in
message news

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

When you use Table | Insert | Rows Above/Below, Word will insert as many
rows as you have selected.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.