Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Ardell Ardell is offline

Default How to attach a Global template in Word 2007?

In Word 2007, I created a global template and saved it on our network at
G:/Workgroup Templates/global.dotm

How do our users automatically access that template when they startup? I
don't want them to go to Developer.. Document Template and attach it each
time. What don't I know about this?
Thank you - you wonderful people!!
Ardell

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Go to Word Options, Advance and select File Locations (at the bottom). Point
the Workgroup Templates to the new folder on the server. When the users go
to File, New, My Templates, there it will be.

Or for even faster access, in addition to changing the Workgroup path, add
the New Document or Template command to the QAT. Then one click will open
the 'traditional' New Dialog.

--
Terry Farrell - MS Word MVP