Judi

Default Form Field (defining and associating a bookmark with it)

When defining a Form Field on a Word (2000) document, the pop-up window only
allows 20 chars for the Bookmark name. In the documentation it states that a
bookmark name can be 40 characters.
....How to
..Insert a Text Form Field on your word document
..double click on the field to enter names
.. enter default text (which shows on the doc)
.. under Bookmark: (the field name) only 20 characters are allowed.
I run a background agent which uses this name to find and populate data on
the Word document (forall x in Workbook.names ) I need additional
characters.

Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?SnVkaQ==?=,

When defining a Form Field on a Word (2000) document, the pop-up window only
allows 20 chars for the Bookmark name. In the documentation it states that a
bookmark name can be 40 characters.
....How to
..Insert a Text Form Field on your word document
..double click on the field to enter names
.. enter default text (which shows on the doc)
.. under Bookmark: (the field name) only 20 characters are allowed.
I run a background agent which uses this name to find and populate data on
the Word document (forall x in Workbook.names ) I need additional
characters.

It's possible to select the form field and apply the name using Insert/Bookmark.
I recommend, however, that you first delete the default name that Word assigns
the form field in the Options dialog box.

What I don't know, however, is how well this approach will work with that
"background agent".

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org