Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Scott Kelley Scott Kelley is offline

Default Word is putting in lines where not wanted

In a particular type of document I like to put in separators between
sections like this:

---------------------

For some reason, Word then decides that I want it to put in a horizontal
line, and puts in an additional line like this:

So I now have something like this:

----------------------

And then, once this has started, Word starts throwing these same lines in
every once in awhile at seemingly random places, even if I do not put in a
series of hyphens.

Why is it doing this, and how do I stop it?

Thanks,
Scott Kelley

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

See http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Format...tRidOfLine.htm

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

_________________________________________________ _________

So I now have something like this:

_________________________________________________ _________
----------------------

And then, once this has started, Word starts throwing these same lines in
every once in awhile at seemingly random places, even if I do not put in a
series of hyphens.

Why is it doing this, and how do I stop it?

Thanks,
Scott Kelley

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Scott Kelley Scott Kelley is offline