Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Typesetter 2003 Typesetter 2003 is offline

Default How can I hide tab arrows

Whenever I type a letter, tab arrows appear when I tabulate. They don't go
away in any view. They don't print, but I want the letter read
electronically, and I assume the tab arrow marks will also appear on others'
monitors. Turning on & off paragraph marks don't get rid of the tab arrow
marks. I'm sure it's in the settings somewhere, but I can't seem to find it.
--
Book Bill

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Greg has told you how to hide them on your system, but note that this will
not affect how the document is viewed by others, which will be governed by
their own settings.

http://word.mvps.org

"Typesetter 2003" wrote in
message ...
Whenever I type a letter, tab arrows appear when I tabulate. They don't
go
away in any view. They don't print, but I want the letter read
electronically, and I assume the tab arrow marks will also appear on
others'
monitors. Turning on & off paragraph marks don't get rid of the tab arrow
marks. I'm sure it's in the settings somewhere, but I can't seem to find
it.
--
Book Bill

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
JudithJubilee JudithJubilee is offline

Hi Typesetter 2003,

Have you tried Tools + Options + View tab - uncheck Tab Characters?

Judith
--
Hope this helps