Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel Jezebel is offline

Default Reusing Help Text from Form Field

Use this macro --

Dim pField as FormField

For each pField in ActiveDocument.Content.FormFields
ActiveDocument.Content.InsertAfter vbCr & pField.StatusText
Next

This will append the help text entries as a list to the end of the document.

"EssexSi" wrote in message
I have created a form for completion in Word or printing and filling in by
hand.

I have added help text to the form fields, so the help appears in the
status
bar as users tab through the fields.

Is there any way I can extact the help text so I can reuse it for the
instructions for users who choose to print the form and complete manually?

Obviously I can double-click each field and copy the help text, but was
wondering if there is an easier and more sophisticated way?

Thanks in advance,

Simon