Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carol Carol is offline

Default Envelopes and Styles in Word 2002

We have recently started using styles in Word 2002 and are having a
problem with envelopes not printing addresses. Our users are putting
manual line breaks rather than paragraph marks at the end of each text
line in the address.

When you place your cursor in the address and click the envelope
button, the address does not show up in the dialog box for envelopes.
If you highlight the entire address, it sometimes shows up. If you
copy the highlighted address, and paste it into the dialog box, it
always works.

Users want the easy way - any suggestions.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

That is just one of many ways in which Microsoft penalizes users who use
styles correctly. For reasons unknown, an address block containing line
breaks is not properly recognized by the Envelopes and Labels dialog. If you
are going to have to copy/paste anyway, why not create your own custom
envelope templates and paste into those? That's what I do.

oups.com...