Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
airhockeycanada airhockeycanada is offline

Default Form Properties

Good afternoon.

I have a form I developed in MS Word v10 using tables. I have a few
questions regarding this:

1. Other users would like to be able to make some changes to the form
instead of being stuck with the default template. Can this be done and, if
so, how?
2. If the data in a field is too long for the field size it wraps and
creates two lines. I would like it so that similar to Excel the contents
would fit to size of the field. Can this be done and, if so, how?

Thank you for the assistance.
--
S. Ross
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

1. The best approach would be to create a few different versions of the form
for the needs of different users. Alternatively, if you want a simpler form,
use an unprotected document with MACROBUTTON fields instead. See
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/tblsfldsfm...acroButton.htm.

2. In the Cell Options dialog box, you can set the "Fit text" option, but I
don't know how useful it is, since I haven't tested it very thoroughly. I
haven't tested it at all with protected documents.

To open the Cell Options dialog box: Select the relevant cell, and then
right-click and choose Table Properties from the context menu. Click the Cell
tab. Click the Options button.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"airhockeycanada" wrote:

Good afternoon.

I have a form I developed in MS Word v10 using tables. I have a few
questions regarding this:

1. Other users would like to be able to make some changes to the form
instead of being stuck with the default template. Can this be done and, if
so, how?
2. If the data in a field is too long for the field size it wraps and
creates two lines. I would like it so that similar to Excel the contents
would fit to size of the field. Can this be done and, if so, how?

Thank you for the assistance.
--
S. Ross

Linking form text to custom properties bsieloff Page Layout 2 June 25th 08 11:06 PM
Advanced Document Properties to Standard Properties Window? TychaBrahe Microsoft Word Help 1 April 3rd 08 12:25 AM
I need to edit the document properties after properties creation. Jed Microsoft Word Help 3 October 7th 07 12:17 AM
ink properties Howard Cross New Users 4 October 31st 06 03:02 AM
Access " Image Properties " when form is locked. vibrazy Microsoft Word Help 2 April 4th 05 09:15 AM