Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Janet A. Thompson Janet A. Thompson is offline

Default Mail Merge Not Picking All Up data

In using a template someone gave me, I noticed that not all the Excel data
was being included in the Word merge. The Excel data's first column was the
first names of employees and this column seemed to be a hyperlink to their
RSVP Outlook message. (Apparently, in Outlook you can set it up so that
column names (guests) (their names were not hyperlinked) and inserted them
into the 1st and 2nd columns.

Why were some names not included. I ended up having to manually check off
each outputted tent card.

Baffling

On a second Excel database, I copy/pasted it to a Word table, then
manipulated the second column of names so that they were in the first column.
Then performed the merge to a label and, again, I noticed not all were being
picked up.

What was I doing wrong?
--
Janet A.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

I do not really understand what you mean by taking "the 3rd and 4th column
names .... and inserted them into the 1st and 2nd columns."

Can you advise the names of the fields in the Excel worksheet and how you
want the data from those fields arranged on the labels.

Where do you have Next Record fields on the labels in the main document
setup? There should be one and one only, before the first merge field in
all of the labels EXCEPT for the first label on the sheet?

See the article "Mailmerge Labels with Word XP" on fellow MVP Graham Mayor's
website at

See the article "Mail Merge with Word 2007" on fellow MVP Graham Mayor's
website at

http://www.gmayor.com/merge_labels_with_word_2007.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Janet A. Thompson" wrote in message
In using a template someone gave me, I noticed that not all the Excel data
was being included in the Word merge. The Excel data's first column was
the
first names of employees and this column seemed to be a hyperlink to their
RSVP Outlook message. (Apparently, in Outlook you can set it up so that
4th
column names (guests) (their names were not hyperlinked) and inserted
them
into the 1st and 2nd columns.

Why were some names not included. I ended up having to manually check off
each outputted tent card.

Baffling

On a second Excel database, I copy/pasted it to a Word table, then
manipulated the second column of names so that they were in the first
column.
Then performed the merge to a label and, again, I noticed not all were
being
picked up.

What was I doing wrong?
--
Janet A.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Janet A. Thompson Janet A. Thompson is offline

There wre 4 columns to bbegin with: Employee first name, Employee last name,
Guest first name (if any) and Guest last name (if any)
--
Janet A.

"Janet A. Thompson" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Janet A. Thompson Janet A. Thompson is offline

I put all the names in two columns to make it easier to select them via the
database.
I just wanted first name, last name on the label and that was no problem.
It was the missing names that got me.
--
Janet A.