Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
SharonTraff SharonTraff is offline

Default When I get docs to review my spell check comes up in French!

I was emailed a document to proofcheck. However, when I try to run spellcheck
- it comes up in FRENCH! None of my other documents do this - only the one
that was emailed to me - and they don't speak French! Any idea how to fix
this? I've tried setting the language option to English but it doesn't
change the spellcheck.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Ctrl+A to select the entire document, then go to Tools | Language | Set
Language, choose the correct version of English, and clear the check box for
"Detect language automatically."

"SharonTraff" wrote in message
I was emailed a document to proofcheck. However, when I try to run

spellcheck
- it comes up in FRENCH! None of my other documents do this - only the

one
that was emailed to me - and they don't speak French! Any idea how to fix
this? I've tried setting the language option to English but it doesn't
change the spellcheck.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
SharonTraff SharonTraff is offline

It took doing it twice, but it seems to work. Maybe because they have
several section breaks all through the document! Thanks.