Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Marseldav Marseldav is offline

Default Data missing from merged document

I've used Excel as my datasoure to create a merged document in word. However,
data is missing from my merged document.

Is there a set limit for the data that can be displayed in each field? Why
is data missing from my merged document?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Please give examples of the data that is contained in the field, both that
that is being merged and that which is missing. It seems that Word
considers the first 10 or so records to determine the type of data and then
may fail to handle subsequent records for which the data in the field does
not match the sample.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Marseldav" wrote in message
I've used Excel as my datasoure to create a merged document in word.
However,
data is missing from my merged document.

Is there a set limit for the data that can be displayed in each field?
Why
is data missing from my merged document?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Marseldav Marseldav is offline

The data in this particular cell is all text. I entered the data using
Alt+Entr to display separate items. I work in education so my information
entered is col1 with header 'schoolboards' , col2 with header 'schools' so
subsequent rows list the board in col1 and col2 listing all the schools
relating this board appearing in one cell. In my merged document the schools
will be displayed bulletted. The problems occurs where there are more than 9
schools listed for a board. HELP!!!!

"Marseldav" wrote in message
I've used Excel as my datasoure to create a merged document in word.
However,
data is missing from my merged document.

Is there a set limit for the data that can be displayed in each field?
Why
is data missing from my merged document?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

I cannot replicate that problem with a datasource that I created where I had
20 items in the cells of a spreadsheet with each item separated by Alt+Enter
as you mention

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

news

"Marseldav" wrote in message
I've used Excel as my datasoure to create a merged document in word.
However,
data is missing from my merged document.

Is there a set limit for the data that can be displayed in each field?
Why
is data missing from my merged document?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Marseldav Marseldav is offline

Can you use the following as your test data.

This is akin to what I've put in my excel spreadsheet (all in one cell).

Reni Grudon Elementary School
McKel Public School
Tom Lingboet Jr. Public School
Riden Public School
Purkdele Public School
Hallcrest Community School
Chister Elementery School
Rusethorn Junior School
egnes MecPheil Public School
Keele Mountview Public School
GY Little School
Williem G. Duvis Junior Public School
Whatney Public School
The Elmo Junior Middle School
Kensington Community School
Wist Glan Junior School
Western Technicel end Commericel School
West Hill Gollegiet Institute
Don Mills Collegiete Institute
Dr. Normen Bethune Collegiete Institute

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

I cannot replicate that problem with a datasource that I created where I had
20 items in the cells of a spreadsheet with each item separated by Alt+Enter
as you mention

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

news

"Marseldav" wrote in message
I've used Excel as my datasoure to create a merged document in word.
However,
data is missing from my merged document.

Is there a set limit for the data that can be displayed in each field?
Why
is data missing from my merged document?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Marseldav Marseldav is offline

Thanks Doug. This probably means that it is something in the global settings
of my documents/applications that is giving me this limitation. Thanks again

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

I cannot replicate that problem with a datasource that I created where I
had
20 items in the cells of a spreadsheet with each item separated by
Alt+Enter
as you mention

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

news The data in this particular cell is all text. I entered the data using