Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Formula in Report Formula in Report is offline

Default Style side view on Page

I am using Word 2003
When I open a document in View/"Normal" Format, I have a vertical screen on
the left hand side of my document that tells me what style each line is
using. I use this a lot when I am creating a Table of Contents. I added
this to my screen way back, when I first got Word 2003. Now someone else
wants the same thing on their screen, but I can not remember how I added this
styles screen to the Normal view.
Can anyone please help me - point me in the right direction?

thank you - Aurora
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
DeanH DeanH is offline

Tools, Options, View tab, Outline and Normal Options section att he bottom of
the dialog box, check Wrap to window, enter a size in the Style Area Width.
Hope this helps
DeanH

"Formula in Report" wrote:

I am using Word 2003
When I open a document in View/"Normal" Format, I have a vertical screen on
the left hand side of my document that tells me what style each line is
using. I use this a lot when I am creating a Table of Contents. I added
this to my screen way back, when I first got Word 2003. Now someone else
wants the same thing on their screen, but I can not remember how I added this
styles screen to the Normal view.
Can anyone please help me - point me in the right direction?

thank you - Aurora

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
DeanH DeanH is offline

Sorry, ignore the Wrap to window, unless you want your text wrapped that is.
Just add a size in the width box.
DeanH

"Formula in Report" wrote:

I am using Word 2003
When I open a document in View/"Normal" Format, I have a vertical screen on
the left hand side of my document that tells me what style each line is
using. I use this a lot when I am creating a Table of Contents. I added
this to my screen way back, when I first got Word 2003. Now someone else
wants the same thing on their screen, but I can not remember how I added this
styles screen to the Normal view.
Can anyone please help me - point me in the right direction?

thank you - Aurora

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Formula in Report Formula in Report is offline

Thank you - You woke me us this AM. As soon as you said Tools, Options View
- the light came on and I remembered. Thank you for your help. Without
people like you, I would be up half the night trying to remember what I did
before to get the results I want today. I appreciate it.

Thank you again - aurora