Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Erika Erika is offline

Default Word 2007 - Template Question

I need to create a template in Word 2007, I need to add a spell check macro
to that template. Is there a way to make a button appear when the template
is open so users can use the spell check macro?

I see on templates created in Word 2003 the spell check macro is located on
the Add-in tab, can I get that to happen on new templates that I create in
Word 2007?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

The reason you are seeing it on the Add-ins tab for previously created
templates is a custom button was created for a toolbar. The same capability
isn't in Word 2007.

For Word 2007 the concept is similar, except you use the Quick Access
Toolbar. Modify the QAT for the template (right-click your QAT and click
Customize...), make sure your customization context is set to the template
and not (For all documents), and then add the macro. When a document is
created or opened based on the template the QAT customization will merge
with their QAT to make the command available.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Coauthor of Word 2007 Inside Out:

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

"Erika" wrote in message
I need to create a template in Word 2007, I need to add a spell check macro
to that template. Is there a way to make a button appear when the
template
is open so users can use the spell check macro?

I see on templates created in Word 2003 the spell check macro is located
on
the Add-in tab, can I get that to happen on new templates that I create in
Word 2007?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Erika Erika is offline

I am following your instruction extactly, but I am hung up on one spot, the
spot I am stuck at is make sure your customization context is set to the
template
and not (For all documents) - the only option I have is all documents and I currently have the template open

What am I doing wrong?

"Erika" wrote in message
I need to create a template in Word 2007, I need to add a spell check macro
to that template. Is there a way to make a button appear when the
template
is open so users can use the spell check macro?

I see on templates created in Word 2003 the spell check macro is located
on
the Add-in tab, can I get that to happen on new templates that I create in
Word 2007?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

Is the template saved as a Word 2007 Template? One that uses the .dotx or
..dotm file extension? If not then the 97-2003 file format doesn't recognize
QAT customizations. You'd need to convert the file by clicking the Microsoft
Office Button and then clicking Convert.

If you need to keep the 97-2003 file format then you'd need to edit the
template in Word 2003 (or earlier version) and add the custom button in that
version there so it will be visible in both versions of Word on the Add-ins
tab.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Erika" wrote in message
I need to create a template in Word 2007, I need to add a spell check
macro
to that template. Is there a way to make a button appear when the
template
is open so users can use the spell check macro?

I see on templates created in Word 2003 the spell check macro is
located
on
the Add-in tab, can I get that to happen on new templates that I create
in
Word 2007?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

You're more than welcome. I'm glad to hear you have it working the way you
want. :-)