Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
George

Default Normal.dot 'default' does not stay

I'm using Word2003, and for the past few days, when I started up the PC in
the morning, and started Word, I found that the blank document (normal.dot)
had fallen back to "factory" defaults...Times Roman font and 1.25"
left/right margins.

I keep setting it to Arial 12pt (then press Default), and 1.00" left/right
margins (then press Default). The defaults stay put until I turn off the
PC. Then they evaporate and go back to Microsoft's defaults. There's not
enough history yet to see if this always happens or what.

There's been no new software installed or problems in past few days, and I
don't recall any out-of-the-ordinary things being used or done in the past
few days...nothing to look to as a possible cause.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
George

How do I find the normal.dot template so I can make modifications? zunitalks Page Layout 4 January 28th 05 01:31 PM
Default font - possible bulletproof fix in Word 2003 [email protected] Microsoft Word Help 0 January 14th 05 09:14 PM
Default Font Lloyd Microsoft Word Help 3 December 21st 04 03:42 PM
Normal.dot - Clearing Tabs MarieC Microsoft Word Help 3 November 26th 04 07:07 AM
Network Normal.dot Issues MarieC Microsoft Word Help 4 November 25th 04 12:37 AM