Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dan Dan is offline

Default How can I print "DRAFT" diagonally across a word document?

I am interested to learn how I can print the words "DRAFT" or "SAMPLE"
diagonally across the pages of a word document in the background.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Deanna Deanna is offline

Are you working with 07 or 03?

For 07:
Go to the Page Layout tab, and click on Watermark. There will be options
for you to choose and the diagonal Draft is one of them.

For 03:
I'm a bit rusty on this one, from memory if you go to Insert, then
watermark?
you will have to type the text you want then click the option of the text
alignment as diagonal.

--
Dee

"Dan" wrote:

I am interested to learn how I can print the words "DRAFT" or "SAMPLE"
diagonally across the pages of a word document in the background.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
SuperJen SuperJen is offline

I'll try and be sort of general since I don't know what version of Word you
are using.

You want to get into the header/footer view (either using the View menu or
double-clicking). With the header/footer area open, you can insert a large
text box where the body of the document is.

I usually put "word art" inside the text box so I can use diagonal letters
and easily change the color to make the underlying text visible.

"Dan" wrote:

I am interested to learn how I can print the words "DRAFT" or "SAMPLE"
diagonally across the pages of a word document in the background.

WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How can I print "DRAFT" diagonally across a word document?

Sure, I can help you with that! Here's how you can print "DRAFT" diagonally across a Word document:
  1. Open your Word document.
  2. Click on the "Design" tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  3. Click on "Watermark" in the "Page Background" section.
  4. Select "Custom Watermark" from the dropdown menu.
  5. In the "Printed Watermark" section, select "Text Watermark".
  6. In the "Text" field, type "DRAFT" (or "SAMPLE" if you prefer).
  7. In the "Font" dropdown menu, select a font that you like.
  8. In the "Size" field, adjust the size of the text to your liking.
  9. In the "Layout" section, select "Diagonal".
  10. Click "OK" to apply the watermark to your document.

Now, when you print your document, the word "DRAFT" will be printed diagonally across each page in the background. You can follow the same steps to print "SAMPLE" diagonally across your document if you prefer.