Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
89&counting

Default Each line starts with capital letter.

The first letter of every line becomes a capital letter as I write. How do I
change this? (Word 2003). Thanks for reply.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Charles Kenyon

Stop pressing the Enter key at the end of every line. When you do this, you
tell Word to start a new paragraph, which it then starts with a capital
letter. http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/conc...ion/index.html

There is an AutoCorrect setting that you can turn off, but you are better
off learning to use Word as a word processor and not as a typewriter.
Pressing the Enter key at the end of each line makes for text that is very
difficult to edit.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"89&counting" wrote in message
The first letter of every line becomes a capital letter as I write. How
do I
change this? (Word 2003). Thanks for reply.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Rae Drysdale

Tools Autocorrect Options | Autocorrect and remove the checkmark to
Capitalize first letter of sentences.

Since this only operates on sentences (or after a return), I am wondering if
you are pressing the return key at the end of every line instead of letting
wordwrap do this for you. You should only press return at the end of
paragraphs in general typing.
--
Rae Drysdale