Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
lost with numbers lost with numbers is offline

Default HOW DO GET NUMBER ADDING SET-UP

i want to balance my checkbook, what do i have to do? i use microsoft XP.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Tom Willett[_2_] Tom Willett[_2_] is offline

Purchase a software program. It has nothing to do with Microsoft Word, or
Windows XP.

www.google.com

"lost with numbers" lost with wrote in
message ...
:i want to balance my checkbook, what do i have to do? i use microsoft XP.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Daddy Daddy is offline

I balance my checkbook with a $5 handheld calculator and a pen.

Daddy

"lost with numbers" lost with wrote in
message ...
i want to balance my checkbook, what do i have to do? i use microsoft XP.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Try Excel. Most banks let you download statements in a format compatible
with Excel.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"lost with numbers" lost with wrote in
message ...
i want to balance my checkbook, what do i have to do? i use microsoft XP.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Buy a copy of Microsoft Money - or use the back of an envelope and a pen!

lost with numbers wrote:
i want to balance my checkbook, what do i have to do? i use microsoft
XP.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Tony Jollans Tony Jollans is offline

Buy a copy of Microsoft Money - or use the back of an envelope and a pen!

I'd go for the back of the envelope - more accurate and more durable g

--
Enjoy,
Tony

www.WordArticles.com

lost with numbers wrote:
i want to balance my checkbook, what do i have to do? i use microsoft
XP.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Having used Money with accounts in variety of currencies for several years,
with few problems, I don't think I would agree with those sentiments. Like
any database it is only as useful as the information you enter into it.
Certainly it is overkill for merely balancing a cheque account, but if you
need to record all your income and expenditure it is a handy piece of kit.

The only real problem came a few years back when support for the old
European currencies was discontinued. The fact that the currencies were no
longer tender, did not mean that previous records containing them were no
longer required. That took a lot of effort to correct.

lost with numbers wrote:
i want to balance my checkbook, what do i have to do? i use
microsoft XP.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Tony Jollans Tony Jollans is offline

I'm happy with pencil and paper, but the point about durability was that MS
Money is being discontinued.

--

lost with numbers wrote:
i want to balance my checkbook, what do i have to do? i use
microsoft XP.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

I created my own budget planning spreadsheet some 11 years ago and I still
use it today. Not only does it show what has happened, but provides a guide
for my future budgeting. It certainly helped me planning my way through kids
at Uni and my early retirement. Can a fag packet or Money achieve that?

Terry Farrell

Farrell

lost with numbers wrote:
i want to balance my checkbook, what do i have to do? i use
microsoft XP.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Well it certainly helped me get my income and expenditure under control so
that I too could enjoy early retirement and live within my means. It is not
always the bigger purchases that make the biggest holes in ones finances,
but the smaller more frequent ones. Perhaps Mr. Brown could do with a copy?