Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mark

Default installed office pro 2002, get request for std product key

I have Office Pro 2002 installed, have gotten a product registration request
for the key for std office 2003 several times - reinstalled office pro with
repair option - the issue repeats every few weeks

outlook also does not find word , even when the application is running!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

Do you have any part of Office 2003 installed? Is this by chance a newer
computer that had the trial version of Office on it and was left installed
after it expired?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Mark" wrote in message
I have Office Pro 2002 installed, have gotten a product registration
request
for the key for std office 2003 several times - reinstalled office pro
with
repair option - the issue repeats every few weeks

outlook also does not find word , even when the application is running!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mark

Thanks for your extra effort! (I had looked at other responses who advised
that I would have to cough up the $130 for the Word upgrade or the $350 for
the Office upgrade.)
Yes, you guessed right. I did just purchase a new laptop (old one flunked
the drop test) and it did have the 'sample 2003 program'.
I was surprised that the 'uninstall' program does not work, even after
re-installing the Office Pro.
your suggestion that I use the Windows Installer cleaner.
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=290301 ONLY get rid of Office programs.
This did work, I now have an operating system just like before thanks to
your reponses.

"Mark" wrote:

I have Office Pro 2002 installed, have gotten a product registration request
for the key for std office 2003 several times - reinstalled office pro with
repair option - the issue repeats every few weeks

outlook also does not find word , even when the application is running!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

(Mark and I have been communicating offline.) I'm thrilled that everything
is up and working again. We all know the frustration involved when computers
aren't doing what they should - and the pleasure when they do. Now that I
think about it, it's A LOT like when your car needs to be repaired and then
you get the work done. I have been known to drive around singing "On the
road again.....". :-)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]