Chris

Default Fuzzy text

How do I stop text smoothing so that my text is not fuzzy in Word? I used to
be able to check a box, I think in preferences, to get this to stop, but I
can't find it in the new version.
Klaus Linke

"Chris" wrote:
How do I stop text smoothing so that my text is not fuzzy in Word?
I used to be able to check a box, I think in preferences, to get this
to stop, but I can't find it in the new version.

Hi Chris,

It's probably ClearType. And it's a Windows setting.
Right-click on the desktop, "Properties Display Effects", or something like that.
Seaching the Windows help for ClearType should get you there, also.

Greetings,
Klaus

Chris

Klaus--
Thanks for your response! I noticed that all the text was like that on
everything in my computer and was able to change it on the desktop etc. by
going to 'appearance' int he 'system preferences', but it is still fuzzy on
Word. Unfortunately, I am not finding 'Clear Type' on my computer, and right
clicking does not get me the options you mentioned. I am on a Mac G4. Any
other suggestions appreciated!
Thanks-Chris

"Klaus Linke" wrote:

"Chris" wrote:
How do I stop text smoothing so that my text is not fuzzy in Word?
I used to be able to check a box, I think in preferences, to get this
to stop, but I can't find it in the new version.

Hi Chris,

It's probably ClearType. And it's a Windows setting.
Right-click on the desktop, "Properties Display Effects", or something like that.
Seaching the Windows help for ClearType should get you there, also.

Greetings,
Klaus

Daiya Mitchell

Well, if you are on a Mac this is the type of question that needs to go to a
Mac-specific newsgroup, though Klaus may answer it here. I shoulda caught
your use of "preferences".
See here for gateway to Mac-specific ngs:
http://www.microsoft.com/mac/community/community.aspx?pid=newsgroups

This depends on your version of Word--I think Word X has a preference about
"quartz text smoothing" that Word 2004 does not have (Excel 2004 still has
it). But I think Panther has a preference somewhere too. I also saw a
detailed article on the web about dealing with this issue in Entourage, a
while back.

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/