Anita

Default Duplicated Autotext (urgent)

Please help.

In my normal template I have about 100 autotext entries.

I have another template set up for a tender which uses the autotext entries
from my normal.dot. But I want other people to be able to use the autotext
entries in this template when I put the template on a network drive.

I have copied the autotext entries from normal to tender.dot using the
organiser, and it copies them to my tender.dot but repeats them again in
normal.dot so I end up with two copies of each.

I'm desperate to get this sorted out today, can anyone please help?

Thanks in anticipation.

Anita

Anita

I don't want to delete them, there are too many. I need to understand why it
is duplicating them in the first place. Can you offer any advice?

"Jezebel" wrote:

Delete them from Normal.dot.

"Anita" wrote in message
Please help.

In my normal template I have about 100 autotext entries.

I have another template set up for a tender which uses the autotext

entries
from my normal.dot. But I want other people to be able to use the

autotext
entries in this template when I put the template on a network drive.

I have copied the autotext entries from normal to tender.dot using the
organiser, and it copies them to my tender.dot but repeats them again in
normal.dot so I end up with two copies of each.

I'm desperate to get this sorted out today, can anyone please help?

Thanks in anticipation.

Anita

Jezebel

You've duplicated them, so there's one copy in normal.dot and another copy
in your tender template. You can select a specific source from the 'Look in'
drop down to show the entries in a specific template; but long-term, simpler
is to delete them from Normal.dot if you only need them when you're using
the tender template. You can also use the Organizer to delete them all at
once.

"Anita" wrote in message
I don't want to delete them, there are too many. I need to understand why

it
is duplicating them in the first place. Can you offer any advice?

"Jezebel" wrote:

Delete them from Normal.dot.

"Anita" wrote in message
Please help.

In my normal template I have about 100 autotext entries.

I have another template set up for a tender which uses the autotext

entries
from my normal.dot. But I want other people to be able to use the

autotext
entries in this template when I put the template on a network drive.

I have copied the autotext entries from normal to tender.dot using the
organiser, and it copies them to my tender.dot but repeats them again

in
normal.dot so I end up with two copies of each.

I'm desperate to get this sorted out today, can anyone please help?

Thanks in anticipation.

Anita

Anita

I've tried deleting a few from normal and leaving them in the tender
template. When I delete them from normal and create a new document based on
the tender template they've disappeared from the tender template aswell, and
I definitely didn't delete them from there.

I copied them from normal to the tender template using organiser then
deleted them from normal.

What's going on?

I'm really confused !

(thanks for help by the way)

"Anita" wrote in message
I don't want to delete them, there are too many. I need to understand why

it
is duplicating them in the first place. Can you offer any advice?

"Jezebel" wrote:

Delete them from Normal.dot.

"Anita" wrote in message
Please help.

In my normal template I have about 100 autotext entries.

I have another template set up for a tender which uses the autotext
entries
from my normal.dot. But I want other people to be able to use the
autotext
entries in this template when I put the template on a network drive.

I have copied the autotext entries from normal to tender.dot using the
organiser, and it copies them to my tender.dot but repeats them again

in
normal.dot so I end up with two copies of each.

I'm desperate to get this sorted out today, can anyone please help?

Thanks in anticipation.

Anita

Anita

And... even stranger is that when I go into Organiser the autotext entries
in the tender document are listed (but not under normal which is fine). So
if I can see them in Organiser for the tender document why aren't they listed
in the All Entries button on the AutoText toolbar? Surely I don't have to
have them stored also in Normal ???

"Anita" wrote in message
I don't want to delete them, there are too many. I need to understand why

it
is duplicating them in the first place. Can you offer any advice?

"Jezebel" wrote:

Delete them from Normal.dot.

"Anita" wrote in message
Please help.

In my normal template I have about 100 autotext entries.

I have another template set up for a tender which uses the autotext
entries
from my normal.dot. But I want other people to be able to use the
autotext
entries in this template when I put the template on a network drive.

I have copied the autotext entries from normal to tender.dot using the
organiser, and it copies them to my tender.dot but repeats them again

in
normal.dot so I end up with two copies of each.

I'm desperate to get this sorted out today, can anyone please help?

Thanks in anticipation.

Anita

Charles Kenyon

You can also use the organizer, or the AutoText dialog, to delete the
entries from your normal.dot. See also my response to your other post on a
related topic.
--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Anita" wrote in message
Please help.

In my normal template I have about 100 autotext entries.

I have another template set up for a tender which uses the autotext
entries
from my normal.dot. But I want other people to be able to use the
autotext
entries in this template when I put the template on a network drive.

I have copied the autotext entries from normal to tender.dot using the
organiser, and it copies them to my tender.dot but repeats them again in
normal.dot so I end up with two copies of each.

I'm desperate to get this sorted out today, can anyone please help?

Thanks in anticipation.

Anita

Jezebel

Having deleted them from normal, when you display the list of AutoText
entries, do you have "All active templates" selected in the "Look in" drop
down?

"Anita" wrote in message
I don't want to delete them, there are too many. I need to

understand why
it
is duplicating them in the first place. Can you offer any advice?

"Jezebel" wrote:

Delete them from Normal.dot.