Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bob

Default How do you put words under underlines?

I am wondering how to put words under underlines, I want to make a form for
something.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

There's no good or easy way to do this, and unless you absolutely,
positively can't think of any way around it, I wouldn't try.

"Bob" wrote in message
I am wondering how to put words under underlines, I want to make a form

for
something.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman

See http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFl...nesInForms.htm for
several ways to put lines in forms.

For a signature line, with the name or title printed below the line,
I'll suggest one of two choices:

- Insert a one-row, one-column table. Type the name or title inside
the cell, where you can center it, and then turn off all the cell
borders except the top one.

- Press Enter twice. In the first paragraph, set tab stops where you
want the line to begin and end. Type two tab characters; then select
the second tab and underline it. In the second paragraph, set a
centered tab stop under the center of the underline, and type a tab
character followed by the name.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Tue, 25 Apr 2006 18:36:01 -0700, Bob
wrote:

I am wondering how to put words under underlines, I want to make a form for
something.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I frequently have to create signature lines with date lines beside them, and
I use something like Jay's method, but my clients prefer that the typed
signature and the word "Date" be left-aligned, so it works for me to keep
all this in the same paragraph:

After setting the tabs as required, tab three times, underline the first and
third tabs, press Shift+Enter, type the name, tab twice, type "Date," and
Enter.

My assumption was that the OP's question was about underlined blanks in
running text, with text under the blanks to indicate what goes in each one.
This is what I described as being more trouble than it is worth (though it
can be done, and I've done it).

wrote:

I am wondering how to put words under underlines, I want to make a form

for
something.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

What part of it?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

[...]

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

wrote:

I am wondering how to put words under underlines, I want to make a

form
for
something.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bob

The whole thing
--
insert signature here

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

What part of it?

wrote:

I am wondering how to put words under underlines, I want to make a

form
for
something.

WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How do you put words under underlines?

To put words under underlines in Microsoft Word, follow these steps:
  1. Open a new Word document and create a form or table where you want to add underlines with text.
  2. Select the text that you want to underline.
  3. Click on the "Underline" button in the "Font" section of the ribbon. This will underline the selected text.
  4. Press the "Tab" key on your keyboard to move the cursor to the space under the underline.
  5. Type the text that you want to appear under the underline.
  6. Repeat steps 2-5 for each underline that you want to add to your form.

You can adjust the spacing between the underline and the text by pressing the "Tab" key multiple times or by adjusting the cell margins in your table. You can also change the style and color of the underline by clicking on the "Underline" button and selecting a different option from the drop-down menu.