Where can I find a Word document to practice on?

Old August 19th 05, 05:46 PM
Milton

Default Where can I find a Word document to practice on?

Where can I find a Word document to practice on? I am honing my MS Word
skills and need a generic word document on which to practice various word
processing skills and functions.
Old August 19th 05, 06:14 PM
Mike Hall \(MS-MVP\)

Milton

You could go to any website where there is a bunch of text, a news item on
the CNN news pages for instance.. highlight all of the news item, then copy
and paste into MS Word.. voila.. instant document and maybe even including
graphics boxes..

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/User

Old August 19th 05, 06:38 PM
Doug Robbins

Type =rand() and press the enter key.

See the article "The rand "virus": or how to insert dummy text into a
document" at:

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/DummyText.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Old August 20th 05, 01:06 AM
Klaus Linke

You can also use Google to locate docs on the web.
Say if you're interested in docs containing the word "bulletin", google for

bulletin filetype:doc

Greetings,
Klaus

Old August 22nd 05, 04:41 PM
Amedee Van Gasse

In , Milton told us
an interesting story. My reply to this story is at the bottom of this
message.

Where can I find a Word document to practice on? I am honing my MS
Word skills and need a generic word document on which to practice
various word processing skills and functions.

Get your random generated text he

http://www.lorem-ipsum.info/generator2

I prefer Quenya, with Tengwar fonts installed. ;-)

--
Amedee Van Gasse
Old August 26th 05, 01:30 AM
Gilles Desjardins

Just type =rand() at the beginning of a new document, this will give you
some text to work on.

HTH Gilles