Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
bartham3 bartham3 is offline

Default Im unable to get print screen to work?

Im doing homework and i need to print screen, but unable to get it to paste
over to the document.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

The print screen key may have a dual function. Press the fLock button and
try again.

bartham3 wrote:
Im doing homework and i need to print screen, but unable to get it to
paste over to the document.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JamesR JamesR is offline

Bartham3,

If hitting 'Print Screen' and then CTRL+V to paste the screen shot into the
document is not working, you can check to make sure the screen shot is
available on the clipboard.

Click the 'Home' tab in the upper left hand corner of the screen. At the
bottom of the tap, where it says 'Clipboard', click the arrow in the lower
right hand corner to open the Clipboard pane. If the screen shot is there,
then Print Screen is working find - click the arrow on the right of the
screen image and choose 'Paste'.

If as suggested in the other answer the 'PrtScrn' key is set to another
function, 'SysRq' (System Request) you can find out more about what that key
is for here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/System_request