Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Hillari Hillari is offline

Default Set Word to open a document in Print view every time?

I have Office 2003. Every time I go to open an Word Document as an
attachment from my Outlook, it opens it in a "reading" view. I want it to
open in the "Print" view or at least the "normal" view. How do I do this?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Lene Fredborg Lene Fredborg is offline

To prevent e-mail attachments from opening in Reading Layout view:
Select Tools Options General tab and turn off "Allow starting in Reading
Layout". Click OK

To make _new_ documents open in the desired view, see this article:
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/SaveViewAndZoom.htm

Note that existing documents open in the view with which they were last
saved (by you or somebody else).

To quickly switch to Print Layout view, you can use a keyboard shortcut. By
default, the keyboard shortcut Alt+Ctrl+P is assigned to Print Layout but you
can assign another shortcut if you wish. See Word's help on "Assign or remove
a shortcut key" if needed.

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg

"Hillari" wrote:

I have Office 2003. Every time I go to open an Word Document as an
attachment from my Outlook, it opens it in a "reading" view. I want it to
open in the "Print" view or at least the "normal" view. How do I do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Hillari Hillari is offline

Thanks SO much, that was driving me crazy and I did look there, but did not
see that little box in the corner - thanks so much!!!

"Hillari" wrote:

I have Office 2003. Every time I go to open an Word Document as an
attachment from my Outlook, it opens it in a "reading" view. I want it to
open in the "Print" view or at least the "normal" view. How do I do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
[email protected] wutang68@gmail.com is offline