Pank

Default How do I stop the annoying cut and paste clipboard?

I tend to do a lot of cutting and pasting from one application to another. As
I cut and paste I keep getting the Clipboard. Is there a way to disable this
Clipboard from showing up?

Regards

Pank
Shauna Kelly

Hi Pank

From the Help files for Word 2003:

"Turn off the Office Clipboard

On the Clipboard task pane (task pane: A window within an Office application
that provides commonly used commands. Its location and small size allow you
to use these commands while still working on your files.), click Options.

Clear the Show Office Clipboard Automatically check box.

Clear the Show Office Clipboard When Ctrl+C Pressed Twice check box.

Note To copy items to the Clipboard while it is turned off, select the
Collect Without Showing Office Clipboard check box."

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word

"Pank" wrote in message
I tend to do a lot of cutting and pasting from one application to another.
As
I cut and paste I keep getting the Clipboard. Is there a way to disable
this
Clipboard from showing up?

Regards

Pank

Pank

Hi Shauna,

Firstly thanks for your advise. However, I am using 2000 and not 2003 and
therefore do not get the options you mention.

Any ideas how to switch off in 2000?

Pank

"Shauna Kelly" wrote:

Hi Pank

From the Help files for Word 2003:

"Pank" wrote in message
I tend to do a lot of cutting and pasting from one application to another.
As
I cut and paste I keep getting the Clipboard. Is there a way to disable
this
Clipboard from showing up?

Regards

Pank

Pank

Hi Jezebel,

When the Clipboard comes up I close it down. Unfortunately, when I try
copying and pasting again it pops up. I want to disable it so it does not
come up again.

Regards

Pank

"Jezebel" wrote:

Disable it.

"Pank" wrote in message
I tend to do a lot of cutting and pasting from one application to another.
As
I cut and paste I keep getting the Clipboard. Is there a way to disable
this
Clipboard from showing up?

Regards

Pank

Bob Buckland ?:-\)

Hi Pank,

You can modify the registry to stop the clipboard in
Office 2000
http://support.microsoft.com/default...us;207438&FR=1
or you can use the Accessibility options in the control panel to
turn on the 'show extra help' choice and then dock the Clipboard
toolbar in with the other Word clipboards (needs Word 2000 SR1 update)

=======

--
Let us know if this helped you,

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

For Everyday MS Office tips to "use right away" -
http://microsoft.com/events/series/a...andtricks.mspx

Adri

In Word Help it says "If you close the Clipboard toolbar three times in a row
without using Paste All or any of the item buttons, the Clipboard toolbar
will no longer appear automatically."

Is this what you mean by disabling it?
--
Adri

"Pank" wrote in message
Hi Jezebel,

When the Clipboard comes up I close it down. Unfortunately, when I try
copying and pasting again it pops up. I want to disable it so it does not
come up again.

Regards

Pank

"Jezebel" wrote:

Disable it.

"Pank" wrote in message
I tend to do a lot of cutting and pasting from one application to
another.
As
I cut and paste I keep getting the Clipboard. Is there a way to disable
this
Clipboard from showing up?

Regards

Pank

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Yrsanix

How do I ensure that the rigth side task pane never apears in any office 2003
program?

/Yrsanix

"Shauna Kelly" wrote:

Hi Pank

From the Help files for Word 2003:

"Pank" wrote in message
I tend to do a lot of cutting and pasting from one application to another.
As
I cut and paste I keep getting the Clipboard. Is there a way to disable
this
Clipboard from showing up?

Regards

Pank

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Yrsanix

Then again this ensures that I do not get the Clipboard task pane, thanks!
but I still get the help function in the task pane. I would like to kill the
thingy totally, and have new windows, like the one you get by opening one of
the listed point in the help task pane. This will ensyre that "Alt-F4" closes
the window and you are able to toggle between the windows as with every other
program. PS: I have fully disabled the "F1"-key, hence it is too close to the
very used "F2"

/Yrsanix

"Yrsanix" wrote in message
How do I ensure that the rigth side task pane never apears in any office

2003
program?

/Yrsanix

"Shauna Kelly" wrote:

Hi Pank

From the Help files for Word 2003:

"Pank" wrote in message
I tend to do a lot of cutting and pasting from one application to

another.
As
I cut and paste I keep getting the Clipboard. Is there a way to

disable
this
Clipboard from showing up?

Regards

Pank

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Well, I rather like the Help task pane and find many of the other task panes
useful as well (since I work mostly in Normal view, they don't interfere
with view of my document). The only one I could live without--or at least
wish had a different shortcut--is Research (Alt+click).

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

I unchecked all of the Office Clipboard Options and never see it except

when
I intentionally display it using the Edit menu.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Yrsanix" wrote in message
How do I ensure that the rigth side task pane never apears in any

office
2003
program?

/Yrsanix

"Shauna Kelly" wrote:

Hi Pank

From the Help files for Word 2003:

"Pank" wrote in message
I tend to do a lot of cutting and pasting from one application to

another.
As
I cut and paste I keep getting the Clipboard. Is there a way to

disable
this
Clipboard from showing up?

Regards

Pank

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rhae Rhae is offline

I have the same problem, and no, this does not help. It turns itself back on
when you restart the computer, log off, or even create a new file.

"Shauna Kelly" wrote:

Hi Pank

From the Help files for Word 2003:

"Pank" wrote in message
I tend to do a lot of cutting and pasting from one application to another.
As
I cut and paste I keep getting the Clipboard. Is there a way to disable
this
Clipboard from showing up?

Regards

Pank

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ed Ed is offline

I've noticed the task pane seems to stay gone until you try to perform two
copy actions without a paste in between. You might want to check your
finger actions - might be getting a double-tap on the C key.

Ed

"Rhae" wrote in message
I have the same problem, and no, this does not help. It turns itself back
on
when you restart the computer, log off, or even create a new file.

"Shauna Kelly" wrote:

Hi Pank

From the Help files for Word 2003:

"Pank" wrote in message
I tend to do a lot of cutting and pasting from one application to
another.
As
I cut and paste I keep getting the Clipboard. Is there a way to disable
this
Clipboard from showing up?

Regards

Pank

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] lmn2664@gmail.com is offline

"Pank" wrote in message
Hi Jezebel,

When the Clipboard comes up I close it down. Unfortunately, when I try
copying and pasting again it pops up. I want to disable it so it does not
come up again.

Regards

Pank

"Jezebel" wrote:

Disable it.

"Pank" wrote in message
I tend to do a lot of cutting and pasting from one application to
another.
As
I cut and paste I keep getting the Clipboard. Is there a way to disable
this
Clipboard from showing up?

Regards

Pank

"If you close the Clipboard toolbar three times in a row
without using Paste All or any of the item buttons, the Clipboard toolbar
will no longer appear automatically." --- This worked form me and I am using Excel 2010