Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Foxtrotsky

Default Flipping between Word and Adobe Reader

Hi there,

I am using Adobe Reader to view journal articles in pdf format and Word to
jot down notes.

I am sick of alt-tabbing to switch between them both - is there a way I can
have both windows open at the same time and not have Reader disappear when I
type in Word?

Thanks in advance
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Change both applications from the maximized state by using the button to the
left of the X in the top right corner and then drag their borders so that
they are the size you want and in the position that you want so that you can
see them both. Better yet, get a second monitor.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Foxtrotsky" wrote in message
Hi there,

I am using Adobe Reader to view journal articles in pdf format and Word to
jot down notes.

I am sick of alt-tabbing to switch between them both - is there a way I
can
have both windows open at the same time and not have Reader disappear when
type in Word?

Thanks in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
RajKohli

As said by Dough I don't think that you have to manually resize both windows
to fit in screen.

1. Maximized both Application windows
2. Right-click in the empty area of your Taskbar and choose an option like:
"Tile Windows Horizontally"
or "Tile Windows Vertically"

Hope this information helps you, let us know!

"Foxtrotsky" wrote:

Hi there,

I am using Adobe Reader to view journal articles in pdf format and Word to
jot down notes.

I am sick of alt-tabbing to switch between them both - is there a way I can
have both windows open at the same time and not have Reader disappear when I
type in Word?

Thanks in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Foxtrotsky

Doug and RajKohli,

Thank you both. Doug, just after I posted my question I tried your technique
and it worked great, except with RajKohli's advice, I can do it much easier
from the taskbar - I have never used the 'tile windows' option before!

I guess a third way around this would be to somehow set Adobe Reader to
'always be on top'. But I can't seem to find any 'preference' tab anywhere!

Thanks guys

"Foxtrotsky" wrote:

Hi there,

I am using Adobe Reader to view journal articles in pdf format and Word to
jot down notes.

I am sick of alt-tabbing to switch between them both - is there a way I can
have both windows open at the same time and not have Reader disappear when I
type in Word?

Thanks in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

That's a "man thing". It's rare that I have less than 4 applications running
at a time.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Foxtrotsky" wrote:

Hi there,

I am using Adobe Reader to view journal articles in pdf format and
Word to
jot down notes.

I am sick of alt-tabbing to switch between them both - is there a way
I can
have both windows open at the same time and not have Reader disappear
when I
type in Word?

Thanks in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

It's a "woman thing" - AKA multi-tasking. ;-)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
I may not have four applications running, but I'll usually have at least
three or four windows open.

so
all may benefit.

Adobe Reader FUSTRATED Page Layout 1 January 12th 06 03:45 PM
Acrobat Adobe PDF icons in WORD 2003 toolbar wordtoadobe Microsoft Word Help 0 June 1st 05 01:56 PM
word 2003 to adobe Lisa Microsoft Word Help 1 May 13th 05 05:34 PM
Word Files to Adobe Acrobat Jason.NesbittBurnsInc New Users 5 December 13th 04 09:16 AM
Adobe PDFMaker and Word 2003 Dick Microsoft Word Help 2 December 9th 04 11:51 PM