Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ant Ant is offline

Default Saving Word to Adobe Reader

How do I convert my Word doc to Adobe Reader?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If you're using Word 2007 and have installed the free/optional XPS/PDF
add-in, click Office - Save As - PDF or XPS.

If you're using Word 2003 or earlier, you'll need something else, such as
Adobe Acrobat Standard (or Professional) or one of the other 3rd party
programs that let you save in PDF.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com
"Ant" wrote in message
How do I convert my Word doc to Adobe Reader?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ant Ant is offline

ok - I have downloaded the SaveAsPDF add-in via the MS Download Center. I'm
not sure I follow you buy clicking 'office'. Is this done in Word?

"Ant" wrote in message
How do I convert my Word doc to Adobe Reader?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ant Ant is offline

Sorry - but there does not appear to be an 'Office' button top left. I've
looked in customize and can't see one. I am running xp by the way.

"Ant" wrote in message
How do I convert my Word doc to Adobe Reader?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Did you miss the part of Herb's original post that said, "If you're using
Word 2003 or earlier..."? Word 2002 (Office XP) is earlier than Word 2003.
The Office button appears only in Word 2007.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Yes, click the Office button at the top left corner of the Word window.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Ant" wrote in message
How do I convert my Word doc to Adobe Reader?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

As I said before, if you're using Word 2003 OR EARLIER, you'll need
something else, such
as Adobe Acrobat Standard (or Professional) or one of the other 3rd party
programs that let you save in PDF.

Word 2007 is the first version of Word that doesn't need a 3rd party
application to save in PDF.

The XPS/PDF add-on won't help you if you're using Word 2003, Word 2002 (XP),
Word 2000, etc.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com
Author of the Word 2007 Bible
"Ant" wrote in message
ok then - how do you do it in xp?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Did you miss the part of Herb's original post that said, "If you're using
Word 2003 or earlier..."? Word 2002 (Office XP) is earlier than Word
2003.
The Office button appears only in Word 2007.

so
all may benefit.

"Ant" wrote in message
How do I convert my Word doc to Adobe Reader?

how do i transfer adobe reader file to word document StuMac Microsoft Word Help 1 September 16th 06 06:46 AM
Flipping between Word and Adobe Reader Foxtrotsky Microsoft Word Help 7 May 27th 06 10:56 PM
Adobe Reader FUSTRATED Page Layout 1 January 12th 06 03:45 PM
how can I copy a document from adobe reader and still read it fustrated Page Layout 1 January 7th 06 01:53 AM
Inconsistent Conversion of Adobe Reader text into Word Peter Barrett Microsoft Word Help 2 July 22nd 05 08:36 PM