Myke

Default how do I remove manual line break automatically?

A document of 120 pages done on MS Words with MANUAL LINE BREAK was forwarded
to me. I need to readjust it so that it does not take that long by removing
the manual line break.

Please I need your assistance on how to remove the Manual Line Break
automatically without removing the manual break one line after the other.

Your earliest response will be appreciated.
finalword

You can use find/replace to find the manual line breaks and replace them with
a space or nothing.

Edit | Replace
Click in the Find text box
Click the More button (if necessary)
Click the Special button
Select Manual Line Break (^l)
Click in the Replace text box
Type a space or leave it blank
Either Replace all or Hit the find next button and replace as you go.

Tip: If it doesn't find anything, try searching for a Paragraph mark (^p)
instead of a manual line break
"Myke" wrote:

A document of 120 pages done on MS Words with MANUAL LINE BREAK was forwarded
to me. I need to readjust it so that it does not take that long by removing
the manual line break.

Please I need your assistance on how to remove the Manual Line Break
automatically without removing the manual break one line after the other.

Your earliest response will be appreciated.

Myke

This is a very very very helpful forum. Actually, I don't know how to
express my appreciation more than to say a big and very great thank you to a
fellow with the nick name 'Final Word'.

What I used to do is after highlighting the specific paragraphs, I go
through 'View - Toolbars - Outlining' then I will click on 'Demote to Body
Text' then go back to 'Format - Auto Format' and then Ok. That has always
been working but in this instance, it has refused to work. So once again,
many thanks to this forum and great thanks to Mr. or Ms. Final Word.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rianna

Is this the same problem I am having? How do I keep the cursor on the next
line down, intead of jumping to the line after that? My line spacing is on
1.0 but the cursor jumps to two lines down, I always have to back it up one
line.

It also does this if a paste words. When I hit return it jumps down a space.
Let me know please thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Change the Spacing After (and/or Spacing Before) to zero in the Paragraph
dialog box. If it happens in every blank document, change the document
defaults or modify the Normal style of the Normal template (depending on
your version of Word). If you want detalied instructions, please post back.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Chucko45" wrote in message

"Rianna" wrote:

Is this the same problem I am having? How do I keep the cursor on the
next
line down, intead of jumping to the line after that? My line spacing is
on
1.0 but the cursor jumps to two lines down, I always have to back it up
one
line.

It also does this if a paste words. When I hit return it jumps down a
space.
Let me know please thanks.

mye01 mye01 is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalword View Post

"Myke" wrote:

A document of 120 pages done on MS Words with MANUAL LINE BREAK was forwarded
to me. I need to readjust it so that it does not take that long by removing
the manual line break.

Please I need your assistance on how to remove the Manual Line Break
automatically without removing the manual break one line after the other.

Your earliest response will be appreciated.

thanks for the help..i am also wanting an answer for this..thank you so much..
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
LK LK is offline

I accidently use the shift then dash key to make a line, which turned to a
bold-faced line when I hit enter. I cannot seem to remove the line, no matter
what I do. I have tried the directions stated in this correspondence, but I
was not successful. I even when through other special markings and could not
remove the line. Please Help.

"Myke" wrote:

A document of 120 pages done on MS Words with MANUAL LINE BREAK was forwarded
to me. I need to readjust it so that it does not take that long by removing
the manual line break.

Please I need your assistance on how to remove the Manual Line Break
automatically without removing the manual break one line after the other.

Your earliest response will be appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

See http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Format...tRidOfLine.htm.

--