#1   Report Post  

Default Highlight punctuation in a large document

Hello,

I was wondering if someone could provide me with some assistance. I would like to know if it is possible to somehow highlight all the punctuation in a large research paper I have written. This includes full stops, paragraphs, colons, semi-colons. I just don't want to keep printing out my work and having to do it myself with a red pen. Any help would be appreicated.
  #2   Report Post  

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyCrosland View Post
Hello,

I was wondering if someone could provide me with some assistance. I would like to know if it is possible to somehow highlight all the punctuation in a large research paper I have written. This includes full stops, paragraphs, colons, semi-colons. I just don't want to keep printing out my work and having to do it myself with a red pen. Any help would be appreicated.
Try hitting CTRL and F to get to the find dialog. In the search box, place your secific char. Tick the "Highlight all items found and hit "Find all". With these all selected, change the highlight colour (using the highlight button next to the Font colour in the toolbar) to red.

If you find yourself doing this alot, you should be able to set these into a macro such as:

Sub Macro2()
'
' Macro2 Macro
' Macro recorded 03/12/2010 by Big_Al
'
Selection.Find.ClearFormatting
With Selection.Find
.Text = ";"
.Replacement.Text = ""
.Forward = True
.Wrap = wdFindContinue
.Format = False