stormy0316 stormy0316 is offline
Junior Member

Default sorting pages alphabetically

I do medical transcription and have one document comprised of about 40 different patients' notes. Some are one-page notes and others two. Each patient's last name appears as the 9th word of the note. How can I sort the entire document so that the notes are alphabetized by last name? I'm working in Word 2010.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs

How did you set up this document? If it is done with tables, there might
be a way to sort on the patient's names.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Lisa Wilke-Thissen Lisa Wilke-Thissen is offline

Hi,
Each patient's last name appears as the 9th word
of the note. How can I sort the entire document
so that the notes are alphabetized by last name?
I'm working in Word 2010.

does the last name appear as the 9th word together with the 8 other
words within the dame line/paragraph? Or does it mean, that the last
name may appear in a 2nd or 3rd paragraph?
Did you use styles? Do those styles include outline levels (like in
Heading 1, Heading 2)?

--
Lisa [MS MVP Word]