Dawn Reid Dawn Reid is offline
Junior Member

Location: New Jersey
Send a message via Skype™ to Dawn Reid
Question Reference Fields Are Not Auto Populatinng

I created a user form out of a 21 page document. The "reference fields" that link to the form fields are in the header, since Word does not like form fields to be directly in the header. Users will enter the data on the first page of the form and the reference fields "should" automatically update. However, after I enter the test data, the ref fields do not automatically populate. I have to open the Header/Footer, select the ref fields, then select F9. This will not be productive for the end user.

I tried to "record a macro" that would automatically select and update the fields. But, Word doesn't like that too much. My other alternative is to remove the reference fields out of the header and put them in the main document, however, instead of having 2-3 headers to update in the appropriate sections, I now have to have this header (table with fields) on each page. However, before I do that, I wanted to know if anyone had any other ideas? How can I create a macro, code or "user-friendly" process where the ref fields will automaticlally update in the header, or at least make it easier to update those fields since I can't seem to record a macro to do it for me? Thoughts???
Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs

Default Reference Fields Are Not Auto Populatinng

To repeat data from a field in the header (or footer), make use of a
STYLEREF field instead. See http://wordfaqs.mvps.org/StyleRef.htm#FormField.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Dawn Reid" wrote in message
news

[...]

Thumbs up

Thank you so much Stefan...very helpful. I will put this to use in my form.

D.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs

I'm glad I could help.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Dawn Reid" wrote in message
news

Thank you so much Stefan...very helpful. I will put this to use in my
form.

D.

'Stefan Blom[_3_ Wrote:
;495548']To repeat data from a field in the header (or footer), make use
of a
STYLEREF field instead. See
http://wordfaqs.mvps.org/StyleRef.htm#FormField.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Dawn Reid" wrote in message
news
[...]

willardfm58 willardfm58 is offline
Banned

Here are some things that I know about this internet. As we know that their whole setup is in the air, it’s not possible that the users get the same speed of the internet as mentioned. Click here to check your internet ptcl speed test here. There will be more chances of error due to changes in weather conditions. If you are the one using their internet, and facing any kind of internet problem, then it’s probably because of the reason that you are not getting the actual speed of the internet. You can use this tool to accurately measure the ping rate, download, and upload speeds of the internet.

Hazoma Hazoma is offline
Banned

I really liked this essay and the way you presented it.
Minachi Minachi is offline
Junior Member

Your design is quite attractive. However, try playing some relaxing games like moto x3m to help you relax.