Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Jack 30 Jack 30 is offline

Default outlook 2007 mail merge

when I try to use mail merge from outlook 2007 to word 2007 I get this error
message "MAPI FOLDER OR ADDRESS BOOK NOT FOUND€¯
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Have you tried initiating the merge from Outlook?

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Jack 30" Jack wrote in message
when I try to use mail merge from outlook 2007 to word 2007 I get this
error
message "MAPI FOLDER OR ADDRESS BOOK NOT FOUND"
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Jack 30[_2_] Jack 30[_2_] is offline

Yes but I will try again. I dp believe there is an issue with mapI and then
sometype of scuttlebut about there being tow address books one for windows
and the other for outlook....

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

Have you tried initiating the merge from Outlook?

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Jack 30" Jack wrote in message
when I try to use mail merge from outlook 2007 to word 2007 I get this
error
message "MAPI FOLDER OR ADDRESS BOOK NOT FOUND"
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Are you in Outlook Contacts and then you select Mailmerge from the Tools
menu?

See the "Mailmerge from Outlook" item on fellow MVP Graham Mayor's website
at:

http://www.gmayor.com/mailmerge_from_outlook.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Jack 30" wrote in message
Still no luck

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

Have you tried initiating the merge from Outlook?

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Jack 30" Jack wrote in message
when I try to use mail merge from outlook 2007 to word 2007 I get this
error
message "MAPI FOLDER OR ADDRESS BOOK NOT FOUND"
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

If you have problems with MAPI see is http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk/t0002.htm
helps.
It has been reported that installing MAPILabs Outlook Mailmerge Toolkit
resolves many of the problems of e-mail merging by fixing the missing items
that cause the problems in the first place. It might be worth installing the
trial version if Peter's page doesn't fix it for you.

Jack 30 wrote:
Still no luck

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

Have you tried initiating the merge from Outlook?

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Jack 30" Jack wrote in message
when I try to use mail merge from outlook 2007 to word 2007 I get
this error
message "MAPI FOLDER OR ADDRESS BOOK NOT FOUND"
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Jack 30[_2_] Jack 30[_2_] is offline

Just to clarify on my prior rant alls I am trying to do is make some mailing
labels.
Nothing tricky..no word or excel documments no pictures or letters or other
forms charts or graphs...just make labels for my contacts for my holiday
cards and for my
seasonal marketing mailers...nothing special or out of the ordinary....

"Jack 30" wrote:

when I try to use mail merge from outlook 2007 to word 2007 I get this error
message "MAPI FOLDER OR ADDRESS BOOK NOT FOUND€¯
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

1. Is Outlook your default e-mail application for Windows? - If not make it
so!
2. If you add the address book to the QAT (Quick Access Toolbar) can you
insert an address into a Word document? If having attended to 1 above, you
still cannot insert an address, open Outlook 2007 and from the file menu -
data file management - address books. Is Outlook address book listed. If
not, add it. If it is select it and click Change. Remove the Outlook Address
Book. Close the dialog then add it back again to repair the links. This will
not affect your contacts list.
3. Are you starting the merge from Word or Outlook?
4. Have you read - http://www.gmayor.com/mailmerge_from_outlook.htm ?
5. Have you read http://www.gmayor.com/merge_labels_with_word_2007.htm ?

Jack 30 wrote:
Just to clarify on my prior rant alls I am trying to do is make some
mailing labels.
Nothing tricky..no word or excel documents no pictures or letters or

"Jack 30" wrote:

when I try to use mail merge from outlook 2007 to word 2007 I get
this error message "MAPI FOLDER OR ADDRESS BOOK NOT FOUND"
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Steve Steve is offline

I'm in the same boat as Jack30. In response to the most recent post from GM,
Outlook is my default email application, I added my address book the QAT in
Word, I went into Data FileManagement and removed the three Contact groups
I've created that appeared under Outlook Address Book. I was not able to
remove the entire Outlook Address Book as GM suggested, as the "x Remove"
button is greyed out. I then went into the three individual Contact groups
and through Properties, made sure that each had the box checked "Show this
Folder as an Email Address Boook". All three were already checked. These
three did not subsequently reappear under the Data File Management, much to
my chagrin.

After a reboot, and a careful re-reading of
http://www.gmayor.com/merge_labels_with_word_2007.htm , I was able to
successfully create labels, but only from Outlook, selecting the Contact
group from which I wished to use and then carefully going through the
tuturial just referenced. Starting from Word continued to generate the MAPI
erro message. Thanks for your help. And Microsoft: there has to be an
easier way to do this.
I have stared the merge from both Word and Outlook. I have successfully done
this before, but only once on Vista and that was 12 months ago.

"Jack 30" wrote:

when I try to use mail merge from outlook 2007 to word 2007 I get
this error message "MAPI FOLDER OR ADDRESS BOOK NOT FOUND"
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

I don't use Vista so am fishing a bit here - If you look at my page
http://www.gmayor.com/mail_merge_lab...th_word_xp.htm you will see a
reference to SCHDMAPI.DLL and a download link for this file. It's a long
shot, but I wonder if adding that file will fix the problem? If not you can
always remove it again.