Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Giles Ayling Giles Ayling is offline

Default mailmerge from Access to Word

I am loosing the currency format when I mailmereg from Access 2007 to Word
2007. Anything I can do?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Generally speaking if your format is always the same, it is better to format
the number in Word.

e.g. if your field is called myamount, and you want it to appear as
$9,123.00,
a. use Alt-F9 to show the field codes in your Word mail merge main
document. You should see something like

{ MERGEFIELD myamount }

If you see an additional "switch" saying \*Mergeformat, you can usually
delete it.

Then add a "numeric format switch" to the field so it looks like

{ MERGEFIELD myamount \*"$,0.00" }

NB, that should work even for larger amounts, i.e. the "," means "use a
thousands separator"

If you have other regional settings, e.g. you need £, or "." is set up as
the thousands separator in Control Panel-Regional Settings, use those.

Alternatively, you can usually see the formatting that you defined in Access
by changing the way that Word connects to Access to use the old DDE method.
However, I would avoid that unless it's really necessary.

--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

"Giles Ayling" Giles wrote in message
I am loosing the currency format when I mailmereg from Access 2007 to Word
2007. Anything I can do?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Jame Jame is offline

You need to change your Word options. If you are using 2003 or earlier,
choose Tools- Options. If you are using 207, choose the Office Icon and then
Word Options. You will need to choose an option called "Confirm Conversion
on Open." This will create a pop-up window when you start a mailmerge. You
should choose the one that ends in DDE. This should fix your problem.

Word/Access mailmerge Frank Mailmerge 12 April 19th 08 09:51 PM
Mailmerge from MS Access to Word JimMurray Mailmerge 1 June 25th 06 07:02 AM
Word Mailmerge with Access via DDE Jim Gilligan Mailmerge 0 November 22nd 05 02:21 PM
Another access-word mailmerge question Mike Mailmerge 4 July 19th 05 12:41 PM
Mailmerge from VB to WORD 2002 with Access [email protected] Mailmerge 5 February 7th 05 06:16 PM