bohk bohk is offline
Junior Member

Default Unexpected style change when printing or saving as pdf

Hello!

I have a problem that seems strange to me. I am currently formatting a long document, where I have figures, tables, section breaks, pages in landscape or portrait mode, etc.

It was working fine, until I tried to save it as a pdf (or tried to print it). As soon as I press the print button (or the pdf one), it messes up my document. The styles of some section are completely changed.

I provided a small example (Test.zip). Just try to save it as a pdf, or to clic 'File - Print...', and that will be enough to change the format of the document.

When I remove the 2 section breaks (Test2.zip), there seems to be still the same problem, so I actually have no idea what is happening.

Any idea? I might miss something very obvious.

Thanks!

Al

ps: It seems to do the same thing on Windows 7 and XP. Also, in the document I attached, the good tables and figures are not included and thus it's gonna say 'Error! Reference source not found', but what it does to the rest of the text remains the same whether or not the good figures are included or not in the document.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Test.zip (10.3 KB, 246 views)
File Type: zip Test2.zip (10.1 KB, 241 views)
bohk bohk is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bohk View Post
[...]

Well, it works fine now that I've removed all the extra carriage returns in my document... Strange though.

Thanks anyway!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs

Word cross-references make use of hidden bookmarks added to each
cross-referenced paragraph. The problem is that if you add content, or press
Enter, at the beginning of a cross-referenced item, the newly created
content will end up within the bookmark, which will affect the
cross-reference. This is what has happened in your document.

To work around the problem, always add content at the end of the preceding
paragraph, not at the beginning of a cross-referenced paragraph.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

After a cross-reference has been added

[...]