AndrewBallem AndrewBallem is offline
Junior Member

Default Table styles changing with pasted table

I have a document with four custom table styles. When I paste a table from another document into it, when I click on the table, my custom table styles change (they lose the colour header). If I click on one of my existing tables, they're fine though.

Any idea what's going on and how to fix it? Thanks!

Andrew
AndrewBallem AndrewBallem is offline
Junior Member

To add more to this, the table style has a blue header row, then alternating white and grey bands. When I click on the pasted table and apply the table style, it doesn't have the blue header row and skips straight to the first white row.

Strangely, if I go in and edit the table style, it still shows up as having a blue header row in the dialog, even though applying it to this table doesn't produce that effect or show up in the preview of it when I have that table selected.
Ursul Ursul is offline
Junior Member

HI Andrew,

The inserted table is taking the formatting from the previous document - you will have to change this 'new' one and change the style - you may have to go into the styles and select Modify to make it consistent with your own style.

Cheers