Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Anvil22 Anvil22 is offline

Default Rotating a page number

I have a situation with page numbering that I need to rotate the page numbers.
Page # 45 set to the left corner of a 5.5 x 8.3 landscape page printed in
boolket form. I need to rotate the page number so that 45 is readable when
lookin at the 5.5 x 8.5 page. I can't find a way to rotate the page numbers.
Can anyone help?
Thank you..
Dick

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JerryM JerryM is offline

Your information works great in Word 2003. But i'm now using Word 2007 and
can't find the same options. Is there a way to do this in Word 2007?

Thanks,
JerryM

"Anvil22" wrote in message
I have a situation with page numbering that I need to rotate the page
numbers.
Page # 45 set to the left corner of a 5.5 x 8.3 landscape page printed in
boolket form. I need to rotate the page number so that 45 is readable when
lookin at the 5.5 x 8.5 page. I can't find a way to rotate the page
numbers.
Can anyone help?
Thank you..
Dick

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JerryM JerryM is offline

In Word 2003, I was able to insert a page number in the header or footer,
then select the page number and go to Format Text Direction and then in
Under Orientation, select the orientation desired. The page number is in a
text box.

That doesn't seem to be true in Word 2007. I can't select the number and
chage the text direction. I'm unable to create a text box in the header or
footer. Am I missing a step or is there a workaround?

Thanks, JerryM

"Anvil22" wrote in message
I have a situation with page numbering that I need to rotate the page
numbers.
Page # 45 set to the left corner of a 5.5 x 8.3 landscape page printed
in
boolket form. I need to rotate the page number so that 45 is readable
when
lookin at the 5.5 x 8.5 page. I can't find a way to rotate the page
numbers.
Can anyone help?
Thank you..
Dick

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I'll grant you this is not simple! Double-click the header area to open the
header pane. This will cause the contextual Header & Footer Tools | Design
tab to be displayed. Use Header & Footer | Page Number | Current Position:
Plain Number to insert just a PAGE field.

Select the PAGE field you just inserted, then select the Insert tab and
choose Text | Text Box | Draw Text Box, which will insert a text box around
the selected page number. Select the text box to display the contextual Text
Box Tools. Use these to change the outline (and fill, if desired) to No
Outline/No Fill and the Text Direction command to change the text direction.

This is probably easier once you've done it a time or two, but I confess I
had to wander around quite a bit to find the appropriate tools (and I even
had some idea where to look!).