Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
SwingsetAbby SwingsetAbby is offline

Default Format painter only works intermittently in Word 2007

I'm having a hard time keeping the format painter activated in Word 2007. I
double-click on it, and it seems to engage, but then it deactivates. Can
anyone tell me why, or how to fix it? Thanks in advance.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Note that it will be easier to make use of the Ctrl+Shift+C (copy format) and
Ctrl+Shift+V (paste format) shortcuts.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"SwingsetAbby" wrote:

I'm having a hard time keeping the format painter activated in Word 2007. I
double-click on it, and it seems to engage, but then it deactivates. Can
anyone tell me why, or how to fix it? Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Following on Stefan's reply as a suggestion: If you're relying that heavily
on the Format Painter perhaps it would be more efficient to use Styles
instead.

--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones

"SwingsetAbby" wrote in message
I'm having a hard time keeping the format painter activated in Word 2007.
double-click on it, and it seems to engage, but then it deactivates. Can
anyone tell me why, or how to fix it? Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
SwingsetAbby SwingsetAbby is offline

Thanks ... but I don't rely on it THAT heavily. I use it here and there, as a
convenient shortcut -- for example, when a set of pasted bullets refuses to
pick up the styles within the document (which happens with alarming
frequency). I can use the format painter to apply the style to one bullet,
but then it deactivates.

I must admit, I'm perplexed: Why have a format painter in the first place if
the advice is not to use it?

"CyberTaz" wrote:

Following on Stefan's reply as a suggestion: If you're relying that heavily
on the Format Painter perhaps it would be more efficient to use Styles
instead.

--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones
Office:Mac MVP

"SwingsetAbby" wrote in message
I'm having a hard time keeping the format painter activated in Word 2007.
double-click on it, and it seems to engage, but then it deactivates. Can
anyone tell me why, or how to fix it? Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Because the people who _invent_ the bells and whistles aren't the
people who they think are going to _use_ the bells and whistles?

"CyberTaz" wrote:
Following on Stefan's reply as a suggestion: If you're relying that heavily
on the Format Painter perhaps it would be more efficient to use Styles
instead.

--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones
Office:Mac MVP

"SwingsetAbby" wrote in message
I'm having a hard time keeping the format painter activated in Word 2007.
double-click on it, and it seems to engage, but then it deactivates. Can
anyone tell me why, or how to fix it? Thanks in advance.-

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans Tony Jollans is offline

In addition to what's already been said, one thing that can stop this
working is code in an Application WindowSelectionChange event (and possibly
some other events), so it is possible you have an AddIn (or code of your
own) that is causing the problem.

--
Enjoy,
Tony