Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DavidG DavidG is offline

Default using math type with word 2007

I upgraded to word 2007, and run into problem with numbering and
cross-referencing displayed formulae. I used MathType before, and was quite
happy (with short-cut keys et al).
Now in 2007 it seems cumbersome and unsurmountable(?). What I read so far in
discussion group, offers little help.
I have 2 questions:
1) Can I still use MathType in 2007 for numbering and cross-referencing,
same way as before (2003)?
2) Can I do it simply and efficiently(!) with the new editor?
Thanks, -DG
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bob Mathews Bob Mathews is offline

On 25-Jul-2007, DavidG wrote:

I have 2 questions:
1) Can I still use MathType in 2007 for numbering and
cross-referencing, same way as before (2003)?
2) Can I do it simply and efficiently(!) with the new editor?

David, we released MathType 6 a week ago today, with all the
features you know and love from MathType 5 -- plus a lot more!
MathType 6 installs a MathType tab onto Word 2007's Ribbon, and
that of PowerPoint 2007. For details on additional new features,
and to upgrade, follow the link in my signature.

So, to answer your questions in order, yes (for #1, if you
upgrade to MathType 6), and no (for #2). That is, if by "new
editor" in your second question you mean the new built-in that
ships with Word 2007.

--
Bob Mathews
Director of Training
bobm at dessci.com
FREE fully-functional 30-day evaluation of MathType 5
MathType, WebEQ, MathPlayer, MathFlow, Equation Editor, TeXaide
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DavidG DavidG is offline

Thanks, Bob
I'll do it.