Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
John Butler John Butler is offline

Default Headed Letter Template for Gtoup Directors (office 2003)

I would like some help in creating a template for individual directors writing on company business. Until last year when a director of our company wrote on company business they wrote on the their own paper with their personal address and signed like
so
Eve Adam
Director
ABC Co. Ltd

A recent change in the UK companies act requires that all directors writing on behalf of a company show (on each page of a letter or email they write)
1 The full company name and type (e.g. PLC, Limited,...etc)
2 The Company's Registered address
3) The Company's Registered number
They can also include their own return address but if the directors name is shown in the letterhead , then the names of all the other directors must be shown with their nationality if they are not British.

The directors do not want thisfull information to be shown on their letters, reserving that format for the company secretary when writing on behalf of the Board.

This means we cannot have single template for company headed letters and I am attempting to devise a template which will include the mandatory information and allow the writer to include their own postal address and telephone number, the inside address for the addressee and the signature above the word Director

I had thought to put the company name in boldface in the header of the template and the detailed information in the footer so each director could have a copy of the template and insert as appropriate their address, the inside address, the text of course, and their personal signature (from a Truetype font). However I am not finding it east to produce an elegant result and would be grateful if anyone could point me in the direction of a good way to do It.
--
John Butler

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
John Butler John Butler is offline

Suzanne

Thanks for your message: The site is interesting but it is not orientated to
my problem

I do know how to produce fixed letterheads, indeed I have supplied several
hundred, my current problem is to supply a "live" letterhead because of the
recent UK legislation which requires any letter written on behalf of a
company to included quite a lot of company details.

I have got a rough working solution, which is to modify the Word Template
for "Professional Letter" to include the company at the beginning and the
detailed information in the footer and save it as a new template in My
Documents\ABCCo\ Headed Letter.dot. The director creates a new letter by
opening this file as a template, typing in their personal information ,
addressee, text and signature at the indicated fields and then saves the
letter as a .doc with the customer identification before printing or
emailing. The template (.dot file) is then closed, for use net time needed.

This serves the purpose but it does require the user to have some skill in
Word, which currently is the case with all my Board Members but for the
future I am looking for ideas for a more boiler plate approach.

John

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Start with http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/Letterhead.htm

so
all may benefit.

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

The "live" portion of it can perhaps be addressed with AutoText or
IncludeText fields, with AutoText entries and IncludeText targets tailored
to each specific user. That is, the generic template includes an AutoText
field for an entry named, say, User, and the AutoText entry named User is
different in each user's Normal.dot.

[...]

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
John Butler John Butler is offline

Suzanne

That is an interesting idea. I will try and use it.

Thanks for your help