Tracking Options

Old August 16th 05, 08:11 AM
Dave Leer

Default Tracking Options

Using Word 2003:

1.. How do you hide tracking comments?
2.. Are there different ways of providing comments through the tracking
feature? It seems like the document I have has some words highlighted in
"yellow," some words are "underlined," and some words have the bubble with
comments linking to them. Are these all part of the "tracking feature?"
3.. How can I delete a bubble with comments from one part of the document?
Specifically I am trying to delete a bubble, so I highlight it and the line
around it turns black, but it will not delete.
4.. Do the words placed in comments contribute to word count?
Thanks for any help!!!

Old August 16th 05, 02:40 PM

For a general overview, see
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/trac...ngesWorks.html.
Words that are underlined are probably insertions. Words that are
highlighted and don't have a comment bubble have probably been highlighted
using the Highlight feature rather than Insert | Comment. You can delete a
comment using the button on the Reviewing toolbar. You can also choose, from
that toolbar, to display comments or not. From my limited testing, it would
appear that the answer to #4 is no.