Track changes so that view does not show tracking but print does

Old December 21st 05, 07:06 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Track changes so that view does not show tracking but print does

We use Office 2000 soon to upgrade to 03. I am creating Word
Agreement/contract templates. There are fields with unlimited characters
that must be filed in. In each field I have included an instruction (what
info belongs in field). When the user completes Agreement, it must be
printed with changes redlined for ease of review for attorney (so that
changes/additions to original template can easily be seen) so tracking is
turned on. Now when a field is clicked on to fill in information because of
tracking, the field with instruction is redlined and text filled in is in red
following the actual field. Is there anyway to make the fields work normal
(not redline) even with tracking turned on? It would be more user friendly if
the text typed in the field came out red but the field instructions deleted
like they normally do with tracking off. If not, can the user not see the
tracking but when they print, it shows.
Old December 24th 05, 02:19 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi =?Utf-8?B?RnJhbmtpZQ==?=,

[...]

I'm not exactly sure what you have... Are these FORM fields you're talking
about? And is the document actually protected as a form?

quite a bit to do with change tracking was modified in Word 2003. I think you'll
want to first test with that, before we try to discuss the topic.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)