Doc turns on "Tracking" & view "Markup" for others

Old January 10th 05, 01:49 AM
Jim

Default Doc turns on "Tracking" & view "Markup" for others

I have turned off tracking in view mode, but I need to send it out so it does
not show tracking. Hoe can I turn it off when saving article so others can
not see what we editted?

"Jennie" wrote:

I have a completed document that I sent to a co-worker, that when they opened
it, had "Tacking" turned on and the view was sent to "Markup - with changes".

Tracking was NOT turned on in my original copy of the doc (no TRK in status
bar) and my view was set to "Page Layout". The file was sent as a regular
attachment (not zipped or encryped or anything).

I have double and tripple checked the document, re-saved it, checked for
viruses etc. I can't find anything wrong with it on my end.

Why is it turning these features on for others?

Thanks in advance.

Old January 10th 05, 05:56 AM

Turning off Track Changes and/or changing the view will not do it. You
*must* accept all the changes and delete all the comments (in a copy if you
want to preserve the markup in your version).

Old April 6th 05, 01:09 AM
Patrick Moriarty

Suzanne,

I'm having a similar problem - can you help?
I have a w2003 doc that displays my final version and original. I don't want
anyone to see my changes. I've gone through and reviewed and accepted
changes, turned off all "show" components, turned off the "make hidden markup
visible" and then saved to another file. Even tried copy and paste final
version into another file but original goes also. How can I stop the file
from having my changes seen?

Old April 6th 05, 01:25 AM

If you have in fact accepted all the changes, then there shouldn't be any to
be seen. I assumed you turned off Track Changes before accepting the
changes? If all else fails, try the Hidden Data Remover utility; see

"Patrick Moriarty" wrote in
message ...

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Turning off Track Changes and/or changing the view will not do it. You
*must* accept all the changes and delete all the comments (in a copy if

you
want to preserve the markup in your version).

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Jennie" wrote:

I have a completed document that I sent to a co-worker, that when

they
opened
it, had "Tacking" turned on and the view was sent to "Markup - with

changes".

Tracking was NOT turned on in my original copy of the doc (no TRK in

status
bar) and my view was set to "Page Layout". The file was sent as a

regular
attachment (not zipped or encryped or anything).

I have double and tripple checked the document, re-saved it, checked

for
viruses etc. I can't find anything wrong with it on my end.

Why is it turning these features on for others?

Thanks in advance.

How do you turn off "View --> Markup" itz nin Microsoft Word Help 7 April 5th 06 11:29 PM
How do I turn off "View...Markup" permanently? Dkhosch Microsoft Word Help 3 February 7th 05 03:44 PM
markup TopofBest Microsoft Word Help 1 December 22nd 04 11:55 PM
How do you stop the "markup" view from being on when I open parti. Sara Willis Parton fan Microsoft Word Help 1 December 9th 04 11:02 PM
Garbage at end of document Lexisch Microsoft Word Help 2 December 2nd 04 08:35 PM