Unwanted paragraph mark on next page after page break

Old March 7th 07, 10:09 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
FlyZone

Default Unwanted paragraph mark on next page after page break

I can't seem to get rid of a paragraph line at the top of a page wnen I
insert a page break before a table.

I would like the table to begin at the top of the following page (after the
page break) without the intervening paragraph at the top of that page. I am
unable to do this.

Instead, the table is placed one line down on the page. This problem has
plagued me for years forcing me to do all kinds of funny formatting when
precice and explicit placement of the table on the page is needed.