Preview Pane in Word 2007

Old April 9th 07, 09:38 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
AndyP

Default Preview Pane in Word 2007

I'm new to Word 2007....and frustrated by not being able to have documents
shown in the preview pane. I've found Open/Organize/Layout/Preview
Pane....but whenever I highlight a file, nothing comes up in the preview
pane. Help, please!
--
AndyP

Old April 12th 07, 04:56 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bob Buckland ?:-\)

Hi Andy,

In the open dialog in Vista, my understanding is that the Windows 'thumbnail' checkbox, at present, overrides the preview pane even
if the Word Advanced Properties Box (Alt, F, E, P),
then 'Document Properties|v', Advanced
Summary tab has the 'Save preview picture'
box checked.

=========
"AndyP" wrote in message ...
In case it matters, I'm using Vista.
--
AndyP
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Old April 12th 07, 03:44 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
AndyP

Thanks, Bob. If I understand your response, you're telling me that "yes, it
doesn't work and, as presently configured, you can't make it work." Bummer!
You seem to be an Office official.....drop everything and fix this, will
you?!! :-) This is a very disappointing loss-of-feature.

Since my post, I've discovered a workaround....the preview pane in Windows
Explorer DOES work, so perhaps that's the path to my
documents/spreadsheets/etc. instead of the Office 2007 program itself.

Thanks again.
--
AndyP