vector graphics

Old June 27th 07, 02:41 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mike[_3_]

Default vector graphics

Hi

I'd like to know whether the figure generated and then copied from
some software uses vector graphics EPS, JPEG or TIFF (600 dpi) or not.

I paste it to Microsoft Word.
Is what I copy one of these vector graphics?
And how do I know if it is 600 dpi?

Regards,

Mike

Old June 27th 07, 06:07 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

EPS, JPG and TIFF are not vector graphic formats.
It is hard to say what you are copying and pasting if you don't tell us!
--

Graham Mayor - Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org

Old June 27th 07, 11:23 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz

Graham is right - you give nothing to work with & the formats you mention
are not vector formats. One thing is certain, however - _whatever_ you copy
& paste will *not* result in 600 ppi resolution (BTW- dpi (dots per inch) is
a measurement of printer resolution. Images & displays are measured in ppi
(pixels per inch). There isn't a 1:1 correlation.

Regards |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

Old July 2nd 07, 03:06 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mike[_3_]

"Graham Mayor" wrote:
EPS, JPG and TIFF are not vector graphic formats.
It is hard to say what you are copying and pasting if you don't tell us!- Hide quoted text -

Sorry I forgot to mention.
I use matlab.
Let's say I generate a curve y=sin(x).
Then I copy the figure and paste it to Word.
Can I transform this figure to vector graphics EPS, JPEG or TIFF (600
dpi) ?

Mike

How does one symbolize a vector in Word? Kristinn Microsoft Word Help 5 December 6th 06 12:32 PM
vector arrow above symbol in text Rob van der Heijden Microsoft Word Help 1 September 11th 06 02:55 PM
Graphics goodfella Microsoft Word Help 3 March 12th 06 05:51 PM
Vector graphics in MS Word bw Microsoft Word Help 4 October 19th 05 03:52 PM
non-printing graphics NeedHelp Microsoft Word Help 5 April 20th 05 02:52 PM