Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
BrianH BrianH is offline

Default Master Table of Contents???

I am trying to make a Table of Contents in Microsoft Word, this is the simple
part. The hard part is that I would like to make a TOC that can also be
updated automatically, as the document itself is updated. i.e. Lets say there
is a chapter called 2.0 A DETAILED DESCRIPTION OF THE PROPOSED CHANGES. Lets
say that in the document, I decided to change this title to 3.1 A DETAILED
SUMMARY OF THE PROPOSED CHANGES, and then move it from page 31 to 54. What I
would like the TOC to do is detect these changes in the document, and alter
them accordingly. So it would change from 2.0 A DETAILED DESCRIPTION OF THE
PROPOSED CHANGES page 31 to 3.1 A DETAILED SUMMARY OF THE PROPOSED CHANGES
page 54. Any help with this topic would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!!!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

This is a built-in Word feature. I don't suppose you happened to look in
Help for information about "table of contents"? See
http://www.ShaunaKelly.com/word/toc/CreateATOC.html for more.