copy and paste

Default Retrieving previous copied text

I copied text and pasted it. Then I copied and pasted more text. There were
fields missing and when I went back to fix it, it erased my document. When I
tried to re-paste, it pasted the last item, not the previous. How do I
retrieve the earlier pasted text?

Provided the doc is still open, Undo back to before you cut/copied will
still work.

"PopS" wrote in message

"copy and paste" copy and wrote
in message
:I copied text and pasted it. Then I copied and pasted more
text. There were
: fields missing and when I went back to fix it, it erased my
document. When I
: tried to re-paste, it pasted the last item, not the previous.
How do I
: retrieve the earlier pasted text?

It's probably gone for good unless you can locate it in a .tmp
file maybe. Next time that happens, try to Ctrl-Z (Undo) your
way back to the original document prior to the problem appearing.

HTH,
Pop