Valerie

Default Option buttons don't work when word document is protected

I'm having problems with a customer survey form which I've created in word.

The first section of the form has questions where an answer needs to be
selected out of 5 via option buttons (set up from control toolbox). The
second section is a text box for comments.

I need to protect the entire document so that none of the text can be
edited. When the document is protected, saved and reopened, the first section
with the options buttons don't respond and double clicking on it only brings
a screen displaying the VB code.

The latter section is working fine.

I would apprecaite any guidance. Thanks in advance.
Dawn Crosier

Valerie -

What level of Security do you have running? Which version of Word are you
using? ActiveX controls (controls from the control toolbar) use Macro Code
and it is very possible that the security level of your system is keeping
your controls from being able to be used. To test, change your security
level down to Medium or Low before you open your document.

I have a digital signature that I use to sign my code, so that once I am
"trusted" on a computer, my templates containing code can be run even
thought the security level is set to High. See
http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/P...cle.asp?ID=194 for how to
setup a Digital Signature.

Good Luck. and be sure and let us know if this does not work for you.
--
Dawn Crosier
Microsoft MVP

This message is posted to a newsgroup. Please post replies and questions to
the newsgroup so that others can learn as well.